How to Update Plugins in WordPress
What is a Plugin and Why Update:
Plugins are like little programs that work with the main software to help further customize design and function of your website. You need to keep them updated, or they can become a security risk or may not function properly. The bare minimum of website maintenance is keeping your plugins updated.
The following steps are pictured left for further clarification. Click on an image to enlarge.
Quick Reference: Dashboard – Updates – Check “Select All” Box – Click “Update (Plugin/Theme)” Button – Repeat if you have both
- Log into Dashboard
- If you don’t see the home and updates menu option under Dashboard, click on Dashboard and the menu should pop up
- When you have updates, you will see a number next to the word updates in an orange circle.
- Click on Updates
- Any updates that are available will be shown in the page. Sometimes you have both plugins and themes to update. These can’t be updated at the same time, so you will have to do the next step twice to update all.
- Click the box “Select All” – then click the Update button
- Wait for plugin updates to complete – You will know they’ve completed when you see the options on image 3
- If you only had one section to update you can now move on to other tasks
- If you had another section to update, click the link “Return to WordPress Updates Page” – located at the bottom of the update completion section
Below is a video that walks you through the process.
Other Available Tutorials:
Email & Other Icon Links: This tutorial shows you how to add an email icon link to your main Divi menu. By default, if you enter your email address in the appearance section, it will display your address on the secondary menu bar (above the main) and...
Here’s how to remove the drop down arrow on your divi menu. It’s a simple bit of code you can copy and paste into your custom CSS section.
When Editing a Page or Post: There is no simple description on how to edit Divi posts or pages. There are simply too many options available in each item or module. Here, I am going to give you the starting blocks to editing your Divi posts or pages. ...
What is the Divi Library and why save or load an existing layout: The Divi Library is place that stores pre-made layout templates as well as your custom saved layouts, modules and widgets. Save a layout to the Divi Library if you would like to use it as a template...
Q: Why create a post and how is it different from a page? Posts are pages of information that belong to or fall under a main topic. They are built just like pages with one big difference. When you create a post, you can assign it to a category which...